1.02.2009

The Tooth Fairy is M.I.A.!


A few days ago my 6 yr old, Ben, lost one of his teeth. Now this is not the first tooth he has lost, so he knows to the routine. Lose a tooth, put it in a bag, hide it under your pillow, go to sleep, wake up to find money under your pillow. Sounds perfect right? Sure.... unless you have a very tired, forgetful "tooth fairy".

Two mornings in a row a very sad little boy came down stairs to report the tooth fairy had not taken his tooth. Talk about making me feel like a horrible mom!


We decided that it would be best to write the tooth fairy a little note, to let her know where the tooth was. Here is the note Ben wrote, completely on his own. It says "my tooth is under the rite pellow" (he has 2 pillows on his bed).

Now how could any tooth fairy resist that?? So this very tired, very forgetful tooth fairy left him a note along with $3 (nothing like guilt to get you to leave a little extra money eh?) The note read "Dear Ben, thank you for your note. It was very helpful to find your tooth. Sorry I was late. I hope you have fun spending your money. Love The Tooth Fairy.

When Ben woke up that morning he came downstairs absolutely squealing! "Mom, Mom, Mom the tooth fairy left me a NOTE!!!" He was so excited! He is learning how to read, so he was able to read the note himself. He was giggly all day telling everyone how special he was that the tooth fairy took the time to leave a note.

Ahhh I think Ive redeemed myself :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Aw, Prudence, that is adorable!! When I was little I wrote a note to the tooth fairy telling them why I should get more money for my tooth. My parents complied and I got $5. I won't teach him that trick, though :).

Brokemom said...

Aw, that's adorable! The Tooth Fairy at our house once left a ten because she didn't have any change...love the name of your blog, very cute!