3.27.2006

Insurance update

We finally got a claims adjuster to come check out our "water damage" in our bathroom. When I showed him the weak spot in the floor he gave me this look like, Lady, dont waste my time. I assured him he needed to look UNDER the house to see the real damage. He, reluctantly went into the crawlspace. When he came back up he had a completely different attitude. He told me we have a serious problem under there. He pulled out a little pocket knife. He told me the way he checks for rot is to use this little blade (about 3") and tries to push it into the wood. Most water damage spots the knife just goes in a tiny bit. He said his entire knife slipped right into the wood as if he were cutting butter. YIKES! Anyways, good news is that he thinks the insurance company will cover it, hes not completely positive, because if insurance companies can find a loophole they will...but he said he doesnt know ANY insurance company that doesnt cover rot. Soooo...I have to wait about 2 weeks to hear from my insurance company on a definite answer. Hopefully at that point we can get started right away with repairing that bathroom!

*funny* after the claims adjuster left I called Anthony to tell him the good news. He told me "Im in the driveway..you have to come look at the van". So I walk out the door (expecting the worst) and find the rear side window of the van completely GONE! I asked him "What happened???" He said he was driving down the road and the window just blew out. There is beaded, tinted glass all over the back of the van. He called the local dealer and it is a $700 window LOL...guess its back to the insurance company again. (we use the same company for home and auto insurance) They are going to think we are soaking them for every penny LOL. Funny thing is lately I've been really questioning why we pay so much for insurance (health, auto, home, etc) Asking God to show me if we should be spending this extra money on insurance or just let our insurance go...hmmm, could this be His answer?!?!?!

1 comment:

McBunni said...

PERFECT testimonial for why we need insurance! :D