3.24.2006

A weekend of adventure

This weekend I am heading out of town with my sister (and lizzie). It started as an unexpected, last minute trip to pick up her things at her college apartment and it has now turned into a girls weekend out. We figured, if we have to make the trip, we might as well enjoy ourselves and take a day to go shopping...right? So here is our plan. We are planning to split town tomorrow morning around 4:00 a.m. and arrive in Ft. Collins around 10 or 11 a.m. We are going to go to the bakery in town that makes the BEST eclairs I've ever had and then head around the corner to Everyday Joe's Coffeehouse where they make a GREAT mocha! After that we plan to hit a bunch of thrift stores and then head to Wild Oats. We have reservations at a hotel in town that has a pool, so we figure we will go take a swim, relax, and maybe watch a movie or something. On Sunday we will head to her apartment and load up all her stuff and head out for the long trip home.

Keep us in your prayers that we will be safe and not run into any problems with our vehicle (I am towing a trailer for the first time and am a little nervous...although I have been practicing around town, so I should be okay).

I will share with ya'll on how the trip went when I get back.

On a side note...I have an appointment with a claims adjuster on Monday to look at our bathroom...hopefully they will cover a large portion of our claim!

2 comments:

Becky Behrens said...

Have a good time. It sounds like you have all the right ingredients. Thrift store shopping is the best!

McBunni said...

Have fun! ....and good luck with the trailer! :)