4.18.2006

If you like to talk to tomatoes...

If a squash can make you smile, if you like to waltz with potatoes up and down the produce aisle....

Yes thats right folks. We went to the Veggie Tales Rockin Live show. We took the kids and had a great time.


We weren't sure how the kids would react or if they would be interested in going. Ryan overheard me telling someone on the phone (a MONTH ago) about the show coming to town. He was extremely excited and wouldn't quit talking about it, so we decided to go ahead and take the kids.
On the way to the show Ryan said "hey mom I am soooooo excited". I said "thats great". Ryan said "And ya know what mom? I can't wait to see them and I REALLY can't wait to see the look on their faces when THEY see ME!" It was darn cute I tell ya!
We arrived at the venue 1/2 hour early assuming we would be able to get right up front...we were totally wrong. The place was packed out 30 minutes before the show! Kids EVERYWHERE!! We ended up sitting towards the back. When the show finally started Ryan took one look at the "Veggies" on the stage, looked at me, gave me a dirty look, and covered his eyes and REFUSED to watch the show. I wanted to yell at him that, by golly, I paid 12$ for your ticket and you are GONNA watch this show. I was good, I refrained myself. He sat like this for about 3 songs when they took a little intermission due to technical difficulties. I asked Ryan why he was hiding his eyes and not watching the show. He looked at me and in a very angry voice said "Mom, you lied to me" "WHAT?!?!" "You told me it was going to be the Veggie Tales...THOSE are just COSTUMES". How do you explain to a very smart 5 year old that cartoons are NOT real?? He was quite disappointed in the whole thing...until they sang his FAVORITE song!
From that point on he stood on his chair screaming/singing his little heart out to all the songs. Now Ben, on the other hand, LOVED the entire show and begged for more when it was done. Honestly, I think 2 hours of stage-dancin Veggies is about all I could handle for one night.

2 comments:

McBunni said...

I don't get it. What did Ryan expect to see? I just don't understand children AT ALL! Another thing I can add to my "list." :) It looks like it was a really cute show! I'm shocked something so main stream came to Junction!

heidi said...

I wish that was around here i would love to take Kalaia. i know she would love it even though she is only 18 months.