4.06.2006

Learning how to cope

This month is going to be a rough one. As long as I look at it as "one day at a time" rather than "the big picture" I will survive. This month my husband is going to be gone...A LOT. Now this may not seem like a big deal, but I really count on him helping with our 3 young children. Not that I can't do it by myself, but its nice to have an adult to talk to about my day, someone to help get dinner on the table, or give the kids their bath, or, better yet, read the kids their bedtime story (they LOVE daddy doing the story time). This next week will be a hard one...today is Thursday and DH has already headed out. I will see him briefly on Sunday, but in all reality wont have any time to ourselves til Tuesday night. Thank God he will be around for Easter, but after that he will be gone most of the rest of the month. (Lets not EVEN get into what this does to our sex life...or lack there of)

Part of me says ... hey, suck it up and get used to it...this is what life is going to be like for now on...the other part of me fights it and says...this really isnt fair. I want to stomp my feet like a 3 yr old throwing a temper tantrum and tell him he should be here with his family, helping to raise his children. This was never part of the "deal" when we got married. I planned to have a quiet life with me and my husband raising our 2.5 kids on a small lot in the middle of the country somewhere.

A friend of mine once told me, prior to getting married, she knew her husband-to-be would, one day, be on the road a lot and she was willing to make that sacrifice, knowing that was his dream. I, on the other hand, sometime feel a little gyped. I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that the man I married would be on the road all the time. (*side note* this "on the road" stuff is hobby related, not full-time job related)

GRRRRRRRR - Okay...I really needed to vent that frustration out...well...its not completely out, since, technically im "talking" to my computer and not another human being (face to face), but I guess this will have to do.

1 comment:

McBunni said...

Oh man, PC! I know what you mean. Like today I said, "See you after work?"

He's all, "No, we have a gig!"

"You do?!?!" I shriek, looking at the calendar.

....and it's only gonna get worse from here. I can't wait 'till it's just this and nothing else---maybe that will be a tad eaiser.