4.04.2006

Way too young...

...to be having this conversation!

Today I am babysitting my 2 neices who are the same age as my boys. Now Ryan has told me repeatedly in the past that he LOVES Kaley and wants to marry her. I, not wanting to burst his love bubble, didn't have the heart to tell him that he can't marry his cousin.

Sooo today, while the girls are over I sent them outside to play so I could get some house cleaning done. A short while later I hear Ryan just bawling his eyes out crying "Kaley you hurt my feelings". I ran outside expecting to hear him say that Kaley wouldnt share or that Kaley hit him. After much prying and sobbing I finally got Ryan to tell me what was wrong...it went something like this...

Me (in a compassionate voice): Ryan, whats wrong??

Ryan: *sob* nothin..

Me: Are you okay?

Ryan: *sob, sob* no...

Me: So why are you crying?

Ryan: *sob, sob, sob* because Kaley said SHE WONT MARRY ME...BAWL BAWL BAWL...

Me (trying not to giggle): Ryan, you know how Kaley is your cousin?

Ryan: *sob* yeah

Me: Well you can't marry your cousins because they are already in your family, but you and Kaley can be very good friends instead, and someday you will meet a very pretty girl that you will like a lot and she wont be your cousin.

Ryan: *sob* are you sure??

Me (trying not to giggle): Yes, Ryan, I am sure.

3 comments:

Becky Behrens said...

Hey, if he wants to marry his cousin, I think I know of a few towns where that is allowed. Although, I think you do have to agree to live there for the rest of your life. To funny!!!

McBunni said...

Wow. I hope he's better prepared for his first break up. I hope he doesn't bawl when he's 16 and he gets dumped. :P~~~~~

Kris said...

Oh, that is just so cute! I can't believe he was crying so hard over it!

Ben's in this phase right now where he says he wants to marry his baby sister Ava, or me. I try to explain it to him, but he doesn't quite get it.