11.05.2005

Greeting Cards

What do you do with greeting cards? People send me birthday cards, anniversary cards, mothers day cards, christmas cards, get well cards, new baby cards, congratulation cards and all other types of cards...what do you do with them? Do you read them and then throw them away? I have an older relative that is big on cards. I imagine she has a closet full of shoeboxes holding all these cards people send her and I believe she expects everyone else to do the same....why do i feel so guilty throwing them away? Perhaps because I know the price of greeting cards? I have tried to use parts of them in my scrapbooking but that doesnt usually work. I also have a zillion cards my children received for most of the above mentioned holidays as well. Do you have any ideas to either reuse them or am i just giving myself a dumb guilt trip because i hate throwing away something that someone gave me for fear of hurting their feelings?

I have no desire for my children to go through my things after i die and find a closet full of shoeboxes of greeting cards.

4 comments:

McBunni said...

OMG...I feel the SAME way! Steve doesn't keep any cards or emails. And you know what? My feelings aren't hurt and he doesn't have a bunch of trash lying around. I don't know---I just can't bring myself to throwing 'em out! If you get any suggestions, let me know! :D

heidi said...

well i'm glad to see that there are more people that feel this way. i hate to buy cards for people becuase they are so much for someone to look at to know where the gift came from and then go to the garbage the next day.but then again i don't what to seem cheap either and sometimes its nice to receive a card.but then comes the question of what to do wiht it. i always feel gulty also. thats $3.00 or so more dollars i could at to the gift, instead of the garbage. so i don't usually buy cards for gifts, i only get them if its a thought i have for someone. especially far away :D

Becky Behrens said...

I'm the same way. I'll be cleaning and find cards I've stashed in places because I didn't know what to do with them. I'm so cheap I can't spend that much money on a piece of paper, I don't care what it says. I make my own cards on the computer. I buy the special template ones and they look better than when you use a plain sheet of computer paper.

PC said...

thats a great idea becky to make your own cards, but do you feel guilty throwing away cards people have given you?