11.18.2005

A simple thank you will do

Do you ever feel under appreciated? Sometimes it would be nice to just receive a simple thank you…”Thank you for picking up my toys” or “thank you for doing my laundry for me” or “thank you for making my lunch” Its amazing, a simple thank you can go a long way. It makes you feel appreciated. When was the last time someone thanked you for something and truly meant it? I think I would do twice as much for someone if they told me they appreciated what I did and thanked me for it.

Some of you may be wondering where this is coming from. Today, dear ol hubby headed out of town for 2 days. Knowing he had a lot to do to get ready, I made sure to do a large portion of things for him, figuring this would free up some time for us to spend together before he left town. I made sure his favorite jeans and “concert” shirts were cleaned and ready for packing, I made sure he had a lunch packed and ready to take with him, I made sure all his “stuff” (i.e. cameras, paperwork, etc) were packed in our vehicle, I even made sure to fill the gas tank as well as clean out our vehicle and remove carseats, basically everything but pack his clothes for him. After all that, he didn’t even say a simple thank you. I must say I was crushed.

So I challenge you…say thank you. Go overboard saying thank you. You can never say it too much, and you will truly make that persons day to know they are needed and appreciated.

2 comments:

Becky Behrens said...

May I just say, that I understand your pain and I would recommend a chick flick and some chocolate. And THANK YOU for being my friend. I enjoy our friendship and you are always so nice to be around!

McBunni said...

Sadly, I'm not surprised. Guys have a mental disability that doesn't allow them to notice when we've gone out of our way for them. So, thank you for your support of the trip even though you weren't able to be there. Ditto what Becky said---chick flick is needed. Make him watch it with you as "punishment". Hee hee!