11.10.2005

Please say a prayer

Some of you may have heard on the local news about the death of a 22 month old little girl in my town. Her mom was taking her along with her 2 brothers (6yrs and 8yrs) out to the car. She realized she left her keys in the house and ran back inside. In the meantime, a young man (20 yrs old) driving a trash truck stopped to pick up the trash and didn't see the little girl and hit her. She died instantly. This, all being viewed, by her 2 brothers.

In my mind I keep reliving this poor lady's grief. Though my children are younger I have had near scares with my children running out into the road. I thank my God that he has protected my children.

Please keep this family in your prayers. They are new to the area. As far as I know they are christians. They attend a church here in town. Please also say a prayer for the 20 yr old who was driving. I am sure his grief is just as great. He is a good kid and I am sure he is going through great turmoil right now.

1 comment:

sarahgrace said...

That is terrible! I shuddered just reading it. I will definitely pray for these people. Makes me want to cry.