11.19.2005

Just for fun

I found this one someone elses blog that I read...you should try it.. I was 38% Yankee :)

http://www.alphadictionary.com/articles/yankeetest.html


here are some other "funnies"

Sniglets - Imaginative words that should appear in dictionaries but dont

Aquadextrous (ak wa deks trus) adj. Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub tap on and off with your toes.

Carperpetuation (kar pur pet you ay shun) n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or a piece of lint at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.

Disconfect (dis kon fekt) v. To sterilize the piece of confection (sucker) you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will somehow 'remove' all the germs.

Elbonics (el bon iks) n. The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a movie theater.

Frust (frust) n. The small line of debris that refuses to be swept onto the dust pan and keeps backing a person across the room until he finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.

Lactomangulation (lak to man gyu lay shun) n. Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk container so badly that one has to resort to the 'illegal' side.

Peppier (peph ee ay) n. The waiter at a fancy restaurant whose sole purpose seems to be walking around asking diners if they want fresh ground pepper.

Phonesia (fo knee zhuh) n. The affliction of dialing a phone number and forgetting whom you were calling just as they answer.

Pupkus (pup kus) n. The moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.

Sloovers (slew vuhrz) n. pl. Remnants of soap too small to use, but too big to throw away."

Telecrastination (tel e kras tin ay shun) n. The act of always letting the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you're only six inches away.


How many of these can you relate to?

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I was 58% Dixie (right on the Mason Line)!

Becky Behrens said...

I was 49% Yankee. I'm not really sure what that means?

McBunni said...

I'm 55% Dixie---right on the Mason-Dixon Line. I figured as much. Everyone makes fun of me when I say "y'all." :)

McBunni said...

P.S. I have a pile of sloovers in my shower! LOL

sarahgrace said...

I can relate to a lot of those sniglets-esp telecrastination.
And I'm 50% yankee, just barely one...funny little test: )

heidi said...

well that was very interesting. i got 31% yankee. it said i was definitly a yankee. that stinks cause i am a red sox fan all the way!!! LOL