2.20.2006

The best of time...the worst of times...

Well I have some good news and some bad news. I will start with the good news. About a week ago I broke a tooth (now thats not the good news). The good news is I went to the dentist today, now I HATE going to the dentist. I am downright terrified of the dentist. I can't explain why, I just hate someone with their hands in my mouth scraping my teeth and pushing on spots looking for cavities that give me that zing feeling. Anyways, when I went to the dentist I was afraid they were going to want to pull the tooth because its a wisdom tooth, which would mean they would want to pull all 4 wisdom teeth - apparently there are not too many 29 year olds with all 4 functioning wisdom teeth. But thankfully, due to financial situations and such my dentist agreed to fill the broken spot as if it were a cavity. Whew!! That is going to save me lots of pain as well as money! Thank you God!!

Now, the bad news...my brother climbed under our house this weekend to check on our water leak from the shower...it looks like we are in for a major repair. The floor is rotted down to and through the floor joists. Im not sure what all this entails except for my brothers comments about tearing out the shower, cutting the floor back to the toilet, and a 3,000$ bill (this is just materials, no labor). So tomorrow I will be on the phone with various companies trying to get bids to have this major repair done. For those of you who live locally...any suggestions of who I should call for a bid?

No comments: