2.03.2006

poor baby

Well I broke down today and took my poor Lizzie girl to the doctor. I am NOT a big fan of going to the doctor, not because of the experience mind you, but because of the bill afterwards. So you can imagine that I tried every possible home treatment for this rash. Turns out that she has an internal yeast infection (i guess this is common in infants) and she is having a form of an allergic reaction to the yeast that is in her body...at least that was the doctors guess. I was told to watch for bruising under the rash, if that happens, then we have something more serious on our hands (please pray that this is not the case!) I will know more by monday or tuesday after she has been on her prescription for a few days.

So a recap of the day....

doctors visit...64.00
oral prescription for infant...101.49
mothers mind at ease that its not something contageous like measles...priceless

hopefully we will all sleep well tonight.

I on the other hand am feeling a little better. I still have a sore throat and a few headaches, but otherwise I feel better than I did yesterday! YAY! It sucks being a mom and being sick, somehow no one understands what it means when you "call in sick to work"

1 comment:

McBunni said...

Poor Elizabeth! That rash looks painful! I'm glad you went to the doctor so you could get some medicine for her. Hope she has a speedy recovery! :)