2.23.2006

Lizzie's better!!

Okay - I had pretty much given up on doctors figuring out what was wrong with Lizzie. She has had this miserable, whole body rash for 6+ weeks and I have found very little to give her relief (besides the tea tree oil). I finally took her to a holistic doctor in Grand Junction. With a few simple tests the doctor figured out that Lizzie has a fungal infection, a viral infection AND a parasitic infection. She is also allergic/sensitive to garlic, peaches and kiwis. (this means that for the time being, while nursing, i cannot eat anything involving or using these foods.) She will most likely outgrow these sensitivities so it won't be a life long problem. I also found out she had a really bad reaction to many of the hair and body products I use. Temporarily, I cannot wear my perfume, use my hair mousse or gel, use the type of deoderant i normally use as well as a few other things...so I apologize in advance if you see me and my hair is frizzed, standing on end and I have a bodily stink about me LOL. Unfortunately, due to the fungal infection and Lizzie nursing, I have to go on an anti-fungal diet. This means I cannot eat anything with any type of sweetner (this includes all forms of sugar, honey, molasses, barley malt, etc) I can, on rare occasion use a tiny bit of stevia, but thats it. Also, i cannot eat anything with yeast - yup, no more bread for me for a while. Along with no fruit juice, dried fruit (fresh fruit is okay) or cheese - basically anything that is fermented.

The doctor also put me and Lizzie on Chinese Skullcap (herbal tincture) and Lizzie is also on Elderberry and Black Walnut and Zinc. Though all this is frustrating with creating a new diet and such I have seen complete results - her rash is pretty much completely GONE! She has a little bit of dried skin still but the rash is pretty much disappeared, in only 48 hours - go figure!

Now this is where I need some help from all you creative cooks out there...I need to come up with foods I can eat. Basically, just to survive right now I am eating fruits and veggies and that is it. Heres a list of foods I know I can eat...any others you can think of (or even meal plan type stuff) would be much appreciated! (come on Becci I am countin' on you!! lol)

I know I can eat...

Nuts
Eggs
all veggies
butter
sour cream
cottage cheese (yuck)
fresh fruit
meat that is completely unprocessed
grains
yogurt
most dairy but not cheese

Please give me your input!!! This whole thing is somewhat frustrating, but after seeing the results in Lizzies rash (and knowing that I will (should) lose weight) makes it all worth it in the long run...

3 comments:

sarahgrace said...

Oh man. I'm glad Lizzie is better, but the whole diet thing sucks! If my brain magically happens to produce some sort of recipe for something you could possibly eat, I will certainly let you know. Here's some ideas so far...
stir fry (?)
bean burritos?
scrambled eggs
veggie omelets
you could get yummy organic steaks from your local HFS(but as I'm sure you know, they're mucho $$$)
yogurt and granola
pasta?
vegitarian chili?

Okay...hope that helps : )

McBunni said...

My recipe advice to you is stop nursing and eat whatever you want. There is no way a person could stay sane on such a limited diet! Ok, ok....I'll try to come up with something! :) I'll email ya! :D

McBunni said...

Oh yeah---and I'm glad you figured out Lizzie's prob and got it fixed. I hope she grows out of it quick. Allergies suck!