2.18.2006

Lizzie: Update

Okay, Lizzie has been sick and had a rash for close to a month now (which has detained me from blogging). I had her on that medication for the 10 days which the doctors claimed would clear up her rash...no such luck. It cleared up her yeast infection but she still has the rash and now she has a cold on top of that. Up until yesterday she has been pretty miserable. I would put her on the floor to play and she would just lay there and cry instead of exploring and trying to crawl. Finally yesterday she was a little better spirited and was willing to play with her brothers.

Good News: I was able to get her an appointment with a doctor in another town who does allergy testing (without poking and proding infants with needles). Her appt is on Tuesday and hopefully we will know more at that point if she is allergic or sensitive to a type of soap or food or something that could be causing her rash. I am really excited about this appointment because this doctor is booked solid until April and, after talking to me, felt really bad for Lizzie and wanted to help so she is going to see me on her day off, on her lunch break...AND she even gave me her home number in case we have any problems before then...now how many doctors do you know do that????

I will let ya'll know what I find out after her appointment.

No comments: