2.12.2006

Most Romantic Man Award

Every year my church holds a "valentines party". They call it the Most Romantic Man Competition. Each man is required to go down to our church, set up a table (complete with decorations and all) and "wine and dine" their wives. In the meantime, while the guys are setting up their tables, the wives are back at home getting all dressy dressed up - this is as formal or casual as you choose to make it. (I splurged and bought a new dress - I will post pics later!) We have a professional chef come in and prepare a meal for all the couples. Theres dinner, dancing, and the never ending Newlywed game. Its all in good fun and we usually get a lot of laughs out of it.

Our church has been doing this for approximately 9 years. The first 2 years I am proud to say that my awesome husband held 1st place and the title of the "most romantic man" for the year (we were newlyweds at that point). Since then, we have had others who have beat us out of the running. Well, I am proud to say that this year Anthony came in 1st place. We had a great evening. Anthony did a great job on our table, complete with flowers, candles, chocolates, and a beautiful card that was to die for (you'd have to read it to understand). Our chef cooked us a fabulous 3 course meal consisting of a broccoli and cheddar soup, green salad, homemade bread, prime rib, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a mini chocolate cake for 2.

We had dancing and laughing. Honestly, we havent laughed that hard and had that good of a time together in a long time. I felt so carefree. To quote my husband "we let our hair down and partied". We left all the kiddos, including Lizzie, with my brother and sister in law and spent a full 4 1/2 hours being adults without being covered in drool, mushed food, or anything else that was expelled from our childrens bodies.

Anyways, it was just a great time - OH and did I mention, since Anthony one 1st place, there was a prize? YUP! We won a one night stay in Glenwood Springs. Woo Hoo. The only problem now is that we can't use it until I wean little miss Lizze from breastfeeding.

So that was my interesting Saturday evening. Sorry Im falling behind on my posting, things have been soo hectic here.

We had lots of other stuff happen this week, but I will post that stuff later on. For now - signing off - have a great evening!

2 comments:

McBunni said...

Sounds like a good excuse to get that baby weaned! Time to get out the bottle and formula! :D Congrats on getting 1st place! :)

Becky Behrens said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. It sounded like a lot of fun and that is an awesome prize.