10.10.2006

"Can you hear me now?"

I HATE cellphone companies!!! Why is it the most incompetent of incompetent people work at these types of companies???

I recently started a new 2 year contract with a particular cellphone company. I ordered my phone from them online because they offered me an additional $50 rebate if I bought the phone online rather than in their store...no brainer...right?? WRONG!!!

After 3 days of anticipation for my new phone that could, not only provide me with cell phone service, but would also provide me with the ability to take photos, movies, AND have real ring tones, not those dumb synthesized songs I receive THE PHONE (happy happy joy joy). I call said cellphone company to activate my phone. I spend 2 hours (give or take) on the phone with the customer service rep that spoke VERY broken english only to find out that the memory card chip thingy was bad. They tell me to go to the local cellphone store and have them "fix" it. (This is where I remind you that I run a DAYCARE out of my home) I pack up all 5 kids and run down to the local store. The gentleman there, who was extremely nice, apologized and said there was nothing he could do because I bought this fabulous phone off the internet through the cellphone company and so I had to deal with them directly. I informed him that I had already called and they told me to go visit his store. He apologized again, told me he couldn't help me "fix" my phone but did offer me some helpful information. He told me to call the company again and tell them my account was never switched over properly and this is why the memory chip card thingy wouldnt work. He offered me (for free) a new card just in case the company wanted me to ship the phone back just for the card replacement.

I take the card and all 5 kids back home where I call the cellphone company AGAIN. I explain to them what the nice gentleman told me and they said "oh, I guess you are right". After another hour on the phone they were able to "fix" my phone with the use of the new card chip thingy (thanks to that gentleman who was as helpful as could be *side note* he was not affiliated with this cellphone company, just a provider).

Sooo all should be working fine and dandy now...right??....WRONG again. I get my first bill in the mail. It is an outrageous $215. I was so irratated with this bill I threw it in the drawer and refused to look at it for a week. Finally, after calming down I rationally looked over my bill to see what the error was...because I was SURE there was an error. Sure enough...I was charged for 307 minutes at 45 cents per minute. These 307 minutes were supposed to all be FREE mobile to mobile minutes. Sooo, once again I call the cellphone company, explain to them what happened, spend another 45 minutes on the phone getting it fixed to have my bill reduced from $215 down to $62. I send payment and life goes on....right??....yup, you guessed it...WRONG AGAIN!!

I look at this months bill online...once again, its $124. Now I am starting to see red...seriously...Im at the point of arguing with this company in my head...I am going to LET THEM HAVE IT...I call...the phone rings...."thank you for calling xxx cell phone company...how are you today" ... I completely lose my mean face..."im doing fine...thank you" I say....GEEZ what happened to the arguing?? What happened to the "Im going to let them have it" voice???

I explain to this lady that, once again, my bill is screwed up. "What seems to be the problem" she says. "Well, for starters you are only crediting me for 270 minutes per month when I am allotted 450". She said "well let me look into it...can you hold for a few minutes?" GEEZ, why not, I have spent more time on hold with your company in the last 2 months than I have actually used minutes on my phone service...GOSH!!! She comes back on the line after about 5 minutes telling me the reason I was only "given" 270 minutes was because I never signed a 2 year contract with them and out of the kindness of her heart she would alter this months bill but I should have done my part to sign the contract....

WHAT THE HECK???? SERIOUSLY???? At what point should they have gotten the idea that I was agreeing to a 2 year contract...hmmm, maybe when I ordered the phone and clicked the box that said I AGREE TO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT... or maybe when I called to activate the phone and was asked if I was signing up for a 2 YEAR CONTRACT...OR better yet, maybe it was when I called the most recent time telling them my minutes were goofed up???? COME ON PEOPLE....What is the DEAL here???? Why can't someone simply set up an account and have it run properly??? AAArrrrgggggghhhhhh - so help me if I wasn't locked into a 2 year contract I would change my service...then again, I would have to go through this whole process all over again with the next company...I mean really, get your heads out of your butts and use a computer...geez!!!!

4 comments:

McBunni said...

Cell phones companies suck! Our bill is waaaaaay more than it's supposed to be. I just haven't wanted to go down there and find out why. I'm sure they'll tell me it's my fault.

McBunni said...

Woah! What's up with your comments?

It was really weird signing in. Hmmmmm

PC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well, How's your blood pressure now? Are you sure you got it all out of your system. I don't think I ever heard you get that upset even as a teenager!!! That was pretty funny. Good luck.

Love ya Nicole