10.28.2006

This and That

I have decided my next house will not have cable, nor will there be a television in my bedroom. I have fought the battle of trying to keep the tvs off in my home but when you have 3 people (especially hubby) who are addicted to tv...well its hard to get them to keep it off. I've thought about disconnecting our cable, but then we would be without internet since they go through the same company. I have come to realize when my husband is home he is in one of three places. Either he is in his studio (in the backyard above our detached garage), outside dinking with "stuff" or he is in our bedroom watching tv. All of these things completely detach him from our family and any possible family time. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind watching a little tv now and then, and sometimes it is a complete life and sanity saver with the kids, but there is no reason why we have to have 2 tvs on 24/7...right? Come on people, get a grip...

Gripe #2...this weekends project was to turn this...


into a makeshift scrapbook room for me to work in while we are trying to sell the house. My husband was supposed to start cleaning and organizing his mess on Friday (I just had this room spotless a month ago when we listed our house) so I could move all my stuff in tomorrow afternoon...well it is now Saturday evening and not a single thing has been done...oh yeah unless you count the few hours of studio work along with the many hours of "hide-out tv watching". Grrr...maybe I should burn dinner tonight??!!

On a little lighter note...
Ryan got some candy as an early halloween gift from my inlaws today. When I asked him what types of candy he got he replied..."I got candy bars, gum...oh yeah, and TIT-sie rolls"

1 comment:

McBunni said...

I can't comment on the tv thing because I cannot live without cable and an extra tv in the bedroom. Now, a little less sports might be nice. :)