10.09.2006

update part 2

Here are a few more updates on things that have been going on around here...

1. Elizabeth is FINALLY walking. Both the boys were walking by their 1st birthday...not Lizzie. She is 14 months and is now just starting. She still prefers to crawl the majority of the time. Last week we were sitting in the living room together and Anthony walked in. She looked at him and just walked to him, out of the blue. We were both super shocked and she was quite tickled pink with herself.

2. I learned about deep dish cookies. If you haven't ever had them...well, they are my new junk food obsession and you should try one. Take cookie dough and squish it in the bottom of a little pyrex or corningware (ovensafe) cup...like the size of a custard cup. Bake it at 350 for about 15 minutes. Take it out and put the whole dish in another bowl (to prevent spillage) Let it cool for a minute or two and then drop a good sized scoop of vanilla ice cream on top...yummm... (if you use the premade cookie dough, just use about 2-3 cookies worth) I prefer the plain ol chocolate chip cookie dough, but I have also tried the oatmeal choco chip as well as the peanut butter cookie dough and those are good too.

3. I've become completely and hopelessly addicted to Grey's Anatomy (thanks toKatie J.)

4. I've been learning to play poker. Now, growing up my brothers prided themselves on their poker abilities. Quite often they took advantage of my sister and I, taking all our pennies. Soooo, for my birthday, we played some poker and I must brag...I kicked my brothers butts along with my hubbys and brother-in-laws. Now, really Im not that great at poker it was just fun to have the biggest pile 'o chips at the end of the night :)

3 comments:

McBunni said...

I love all these posts from you....keep it up! :)

Like I really needed a new junk food to indulge in, jeez! Now I wanna make bar cookies. Ever made those? Kind of like you suggested, but just take the whole batch and put it in a cake pan and cut 'em up like brownies. Oh man. I'm so going to make some!

McBunni said...

Do you like my italics????

I learned a VERY small amount of code info! Tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Poker Chips