10.05.2006

Its been a while

Wow, I just realized how many things have happened in the past few months that I have not posted about...

So heres a flashback post of what I have been up to...

1. Ryan started kindergarten *yay*!!! He is loving school although he lost his brand new backpack within the first 2 or 3 days of school (grrr!) Thank God I only bought him the 5$ bag and not the 20$ spiderman bag he really wanted.




2. Elizabeth turned a year old. I posted her birthday pictures, but here are a few pictures from her birthday party. She really wasn't sure what to think about her cupcake. The boys just dove into their cake on their 1st birthday so I guess I was expecting her to do the same. In fact, for the most part, she was quite lady-like.




3. I started a daycare. Finances have been tight and I was really stressed on what to do. I couldn't afford to go back to work because it would cost me more in daycare than I would get paid. Anthony has been too busy to pick up any extra side jobs, so I decided to start a daycare. Lucky for me, most of the kids I watch are my nieces and nephews which allows me the freedom I need for my "traveling" schedule.

4. I finally upgraded and got a new cellphone that is quite cute. I am able to download real ringtones (no more of that synthesized stuff). I have also learned that downloading ringtones can be the death of me :) PLUS I can take pictures AND video. The best thing...the phone was free too :) Isn't it cute??!!




5. It has already snowed for the first time of the season. Can you believe it? It was only September too. Anyways, I have a video I took with my camera just to prove that it really was snowing here...It was raining at the same time, but that doesnt matter, it still counts as the first snow :)


MVI_9642
Uploaded by cooperden


6. The big oucher...I turned 30 last Monday. Yup. Big. Ouch. Ugh. And no, I don't feel any older (I have been asked that quite a bit lately)

I had a goal of losing weight before my birthday and I succeeded. I've lost 20 pounds. I still have about another 10 pounds I'd like to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but at least I've lost the majority of it. I also was due for a haircut and color (too many roots showing) so I decided to go with something new. No im not going through a mid-life crisis. I just have never found a cut/color I am just really happy with so I am continually trying new things. This cut is the first one Anthony has been really "wowwed" by. Usually he says "yeah its okay" but this time he was quite impressed. So I think I might stick with this one a while.



For my birthday celebration Anthony took me to Zen Garden for dinner and then to Kohls for a shopping trip. I didn't buy much. Im always self-conscious when it comes to buying things when he is with me...soooo...Im going back on Friday without him to shop some more :) Here are some pictures of what I did buy. They look much better on than hanging on a hanger but I didn't have time to model them for you. I also got a pair of really cute sunglasses (not pictured)






Okay...theres more, but I will save that for another post...maybe tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday P!
Went to Kohl's yesterday...that store rocks!

Love your new cut and color- looks great!

Danielle said...

You look great Prudence! SOrry I missed your big 30...I hope it was great!

McBunni said...

Look at all these posts from PC! Woo-hoo!

Happy big 3-0!